Invariant natural killer T (iNKT) cell therapies leverage both adaptive and innate immune systems. Our investigational allogeneic iNKT cell therapy candidates directly attack tumor cells via TCR and NK-receptor mediated mechanisms, unlike other cell types such as CAR-T, TCR-T or NK cells.
iNKT Anti-Cancer Benefit Through:
- Tumor lysis via TCR dependent and independent mechanisms
- CD1d ligands through the TCR
- Stress-signals through activating NK receptors, NKG2D, DNAM1
- Counteracting myeloid suppressor cells
- Recruiting & activating NK & T cells in tumors
- Cytokine secretion (e.g. IFNg, IL-4)